Monday, July 11, 2011

Battles: Gloss Drop


The obvious difference between Gloss Drop and their previous record Mirrored is that Tyondai Braxton's vocals and sound effects are not around this time but have no fear! This album is just as solid and to be honest I like the direction they are going compared to their previous record. Gloss Drop still has that math- rock sound that make Battles' sound so unique but has a different twist to it, as if they decided to not have such a frenzied sound than before. Primarily an instrumental album, the trio tapped some guest vocalists for this record, one specifically being Gary Newman. It took me a minute to get around to digesting this record but I am happy I did, its been growing on me more and more everytime I listen to it. I am checking them out next week and I curious how it will come off as a trio because when I saw them last, having no idea who they were, they were a quartet and the whole show blew me away at how good it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment