Thursday, September 15, 2011

Prefuse 73: The '92 vs. '02 Collection EP


I was in college, hosting a funk & soul show on the college radio station, when I walked in a saw this record in the "reject box". Essentially it was a box of music that was shipped to the station the directors felt for whatever reason felt this particular music did not have home at the station. I was aware of Prefuse 73 after hearing (and loving) Vocal Studies & Uprock Narratives. I immediately grabbed this record knowing nothing about it. What I found out it was that each track was wonderfully beat-filled and because of that I have been listening  this record ever since. I threw this record on the stereo the other day and went down musical memory lane. If you have not heard this record in some time or even at all, I recommend checking this one. It is not as glitchy as his later records where this one is just stacked with futuristic grooves.
"Love You Bring" by Prefuse 73



No comments:

Post a Comment