Thursday, February 24, 2011

Land of Talk: Some Are Lakes


There are times when I come across an album because of a specific song, listen to said song and never give the rest of the album a chance. Well, that is the case for the is record. When I first heard the single "Some Are Lakes" I listened to it on repeat. I went through the record and thought it was really strong. There are tracks like "Give Me Back My Heart" and "Corner Phone" that are, simply, great rock songs that have a late 90's sound. Recently a good friend made me listen to another song on this record, "It's Okay", a slow moving track with beautiful lyrics sung by lead singer Elizabeth Powell. Powell's voice shines during the song and I kick myself for missing this song the first time around. I have listened to "It's Okay" several times on repeat today and with that said, maybe you should do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment