Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Phantogram: Eyelid Movies


I recently came across the first song on this record, Mouthful of Diamonds, and immediately wanted to hear more from the band. This duo hails from Saratoga Springs, NY via Greenwich, CT and makes music that consists of weaving thick, hip hop beats with wonderful, swirling sounds coming from synthesizers and guitars, topped off with dreamy lyrics. This is an album that is neither too soft and dreamy nor too abrasive and repetitive but it certainly straddles the line, creating a beautiful balance.

2 comments:

  1. Running From the Cops made me say 'this is sick' even though no one is around. this means its really good cause I hate catching myself say that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar reaction when I heard it for the first time as well.

    ReplyDelete