Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A New Professional Path


I have been working at the same company for the past five years or so. The reason I have stayed here for so long is, at the end of the day, I enjoyed who I worked with. To enjoy where you work is such a rarity with many people who dread their jobs day in and day out. Given the content of my work is not ideal, I enjoyed what I made because I was working with people I cared for every day. They started as strangers and became my friends. They became my extended family where we all know details of our personal life, what makes us happy, what foods we like and dislike, gifts we would enjoy when the holidays come around. But sadly the tide has changed and there are major changes occurring. It has become a place where it feels like we are walking around with crosshairs on our back since we all feel are going to get the ax. It is not that we are not delivering. It actually the exact opposite. Members of our team, myself included, have been nominated for awards. Since the General Manager was fired out of nowhere last month the people in charge do not like us for various reasons I will not go into. With that said, do you know of a job opening for very talented Emmy-Nominated Producer?  





No comments:

Post a Comment