Thursday, April 28, 2011

Talking Heads: Rarities


I just came across this collection of outtakes and rarities by Talking Heads recorded through out the bands career. I have heard several alternate versions from Talking Heads but there are some cuts on here I had not heard before. Some of those tracks are These Boots Are Made for Walking (Nancy Sinatra) and I Walk The Line (Johnny Cash) performed solo by David Byrne. Another track I was unfamiliar with was Dancing For Money, recorded during the "Fear of Music" session but sounds like it should be on "Remain in Light". Besides these rarities there are some alternate versions of songs many will be familiar with - Psycho Killer, Big Country, Life During Wartime (a version that is certainly more rocking than the original) and Uh Oh Loves Comes to Town - but a highlight for me is I Feel It In My Heart, an outtake from the "Talking Heads 77" session that has been one of my favorites for some time, a song that I cannot understand how it did not make it onto the album. 


Psycho Killer (take 1) 5:11
I Feel It In My Heart (Talking Heads 77 outtake) 3:06
Uh Oh Love Comes To Town (alt ver) 3:07
The Big Country (alt ver) 5:01
I'm Not In Love (alt ver) 5:10
Warning Sign (alt ver) 4:12
Thank You for Sending Me an Angel (alt ver) 2:28
Life During Wartime (w/Fripp and long ending) 3:56
Dancing For Money (Fear Of Music outtake) 2:40
Unison (Remain In Light outtake) 4:55
Double Groove (Remain In Light outtake) 4:41
These Boots Are Made For Walking (Talking Heads 77 session) 1:05
I Walk the Line (Talking Heads 77 session) 0:56
Can't You Hear My Heartbeat (Talking Heads 77 session) 1:50


No comments:

Post a Comment