Monday, June 13, 2011

Mad Magazine


The early years of my childhood took place in a town where there were many pretty things to look  at and simplicity was embraced. With that said, I got much joy going to  7-Eleven to drink slurpees and play arcade games. It was also at said convenience store I often purchased Mad, the iconic comic book that somehow has withstood the test of time. From Kennedy to Obama  being portrayed on the cover  is proof how this magazine has stuck around. The thing with Mad was that I often liked the covers of the magazine more so than the content inside. Sure, there was great spoofs on pop culture and Spy vs. Spy but I always loved the covers. And it is here where you can check out 60 of the best covers from when the magazine got its start in the 1950's through today. Some are silly, other cleaver, but most importantly to me, they bring back a lot of memories.

1 comment: